When should you make an appointment with your CJUS academic advisor?

If you are a student in the College of Arts and Sciences, schedule an appointment with an academic advisor:

  • If you are interested in pursuing a CJUS major
  • If you want to officially declare your CJUS 2nd degree
  • If you have questions about CJUS, your degree requirements and your progress that require an advisor’s review of your Academic Advisement Report
  • If you are interested in any of the following:
    • Departmental Honors (P399 and P499)
    • National Criminal Justice Honor Society (Alpha Phi Sigma)
    • Internship requirements (P481)
    • Individual Readings and Projects (P495)

Contact an advisor

Declaring a minor

Meeting with a CJUS academic advisor is not always required when you declare a minor. But you may want to drop by anyway—the advisor can help you coordinate all of the requirements for your degree.

When declaring a minor in Criminal Justice, the first step is to email a CJUS academic advisor with your name and student ID#. You will receive a follow up email confirming the courses that count towards your minor and any that you still need to take.

Tracking your academic progress

Your advisor can review your Academic Advisement Report (AAR). Schedule an advising appointment or come to walk-in hours if you have questions about your progress towards your CJUS major, minor, or certificate, and or COLL BA degree requirements (if applicable).

How to schedule an appointment with a CJUS advisor

Call the main office at (812) 855-9325 to schedule an advising appointment with one of the Criminal Justice advisors.

All advising appointments are scheduled through the main Criminal Justice office, which is open from 8-12 pm and 1-5 pm, Monday-Friday.

Advising office hours are from 9-12 pm and 1-4 pm Monday through Friday, subject to variation and dependent upon previously scheduled appointments.

Contact an advisor