- 60 hours course credit
- Completion of P594 plus two graduate-level courses in statistics
- Reading knowledge of a foreign language or research skills requirement (P599, Research Practicum, or their equivalent)
- At least one minor area of study from outside the Criminal Justice Department. Requirements for the outside minor will be specified by that unit.
Formal Admission to Candidacy
- Following the passing of the qualifying examinations and the completion of all coursework, the Director of Graduate Studies will submit a Nomination to Candidacy form to the University Graduate School.
- Upon approval of the Dean, the student will be admitted to candidacy.
- The date of successful completion of the qualifying examinations is the date used in determining the seven-year periods for currency of course and completion of dissertation (see Graduate Bulletin).