Symposium | Gun Violence: A Public Health Issue
According to the American Public Health Association, gun violence is a leading cause of premature death in the U.S. Guns kill more than 38,000 people and cause nearly 85,000 injuries each year. As a leading cause of premature death, a public health approach to addressing this growing crisis is necessary.
Join us for presentations by invited experts, a moderated panel discussion and Q&A, and breakout sessions.
Invited speakers include:
- Cassandra Crifasi, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Rose Kagawa, University of California, Davis School of Medicine
- Shani Buggs, University of California, Davis School of Medicine
- Natalie Hipple, Indiana University Department of Criminal Justice
- Jody Madeira, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Room: C100 – Mobley Auditorium
Professor Jon Macy, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Free and open to the public.